Rules of Reviewing Articles in the Scientific
Magazine "Yaroslavl Pedagogical Bulletin"
objective of reviewing is to participate in selection of authors’ manuscripts
to be published in the scientific magazine "Yaroslavl Pedagogical
Bulletin" and to offer in case of need certain recommendations to improve
them. The review must estimate the scientific article objectively and contain
the analysis of its scientific, methodical merits and demerits.
is confidential (the article under review has no information about the author
of the manuscript). Violation of confidentiality is possible only in case when
the reviewer states unauthenticity or illegal borrowing of materials (without
the reference to the source of borrowing) presented in the article.
of the article is made within two weeks. Two reviews are written by different
reviewers to one article.
is signed by the reviewer and given to the Publishing Department of YSPU named
after K.D. Ushinsky and it is stored in the editorial staff.
reviewing are presented at the meeting of the Editorial Board of “Yaroslavl
Pedagogical Bulletin” magazine before formation of the contents of the future
edition. Solution on possibility to publish the article after reviewing is made
by the members of the editorial board.
of the review is defined by the reviewer’s preferences, however it is necessary
that the review should reflect the following materials:
- assessment of relevance and novelty of the article;
- assessment of the theoretical and/or practical significance of the article;
- conclusion about the level of structuredness of the material of the article;
- conclusion about completeness of bibliography;
- assessment of compliance of the narrative style
of the text of the article to the style of the scientific magazine;
- conclusion about existence/lack of the actual mistakes;
- conclusion about compliance/discrepancy of methodologies / methods of research
to work objectives;
- assessment of reasonableness of interpretation of the received results;
- assessment of validity of the conclusions presented in the article;
- indication if requirements to the article typography are considered: compliance
of volume of the article, presence of the summary in the Russian and English
languages, presence of the bibliography and references to it in the text,
presence of keywords;
- conclusion about compliance to the subject (problematics) of the magazine.
reviewer’s conclusion (is chosen from
the mentioned above)
name, (first) name, patronymic), recommend / don't recommend to publish the
article (the title of the article) in “Yaroslavl Pedagogical Bulletin”
magazine: without completion on condition of taking into consideration the
reviewer's remarks (without re-reviewing); on condition of completion and
criteria are only advisory in nature. Every certain article demands an
individual approach to chose criteria for its assessment.
Head of the
Publishing Department of
after K.D. Ushinsky